October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month!
28 September 2015
Give-Back!! October is National Breast Cancer Awareness Month. To honor this, Gumball Poodle is donating 10% of proceeds from BOOBIES socks to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation from now - October 31st. Show your support for breast cancer research and spread awareness with BOOBIES socks!
Did You Know?
About the Foundation:The mission of the BCRF is to prevent and cure breast cancer by advancing the world's most promising research. They give 91 cents of every dollar received directly to breast cancer research and awareness programs... how awesome is that?! They also have an A+ rating from Charity Watch and a 4 star (the highest!) rating from Charity Navigator.
Additionally, in 2014-2015, BCRF will award $47 million in annual grants to over 235 scientists from top universities and medical institutions around the globe. Every hour of research funded improves outcomes and saves lives. Although there is still a long way to go...
Did you know?
- Breast cancer is the most common cancer in women worldwide.
- Breast cancer is the second most common cancer overall.
- Breast cancer is the second leading cause of death among American women.
- Every two minutes a woman in the U.S. is diagnosed with breast cancer.
- One in eight women will be diagnosed with breast cancer in their lifetime.